* Bio *
My name is Hanna. Alchemy, art, mythology, and astrology call to me. I began learning Reiki in the winter, though I have mostly practiced on myself and my plants. I read the tarot. Symbols that speak to me are spirals, snakes, and seeds. Light and shadows, leaves in the wind, and walking barefoot on the earth bring me joy. My not so guilty pleasures are dark chocolate, roses, and candlelight.
This is my first trimester here — I am coming from a career in design and environmental work #fortheoceans. I have witnessed profound healing in those I love through this sacred medicine. I wish to focus my studies on women’s health, beauty, and vitality. To help women to reconnect with their physical forms, and experience the pleasure that comes from deep reverence to their being. In my studies, I hope to become further in touch with my own body and to deeply commune with the spirit of plants and the nature of the universe.
I haven’t studied chemistry since in 10 years, so there are lots of blanks to fill in here. I have a beautiful oracle deck based on the periodic table of elements ~ I’m quite excited to learn the elements more in depth, so that I have a better understanding of the cards, and vice versa. Most of this knowledge comes from the oracle deck, The Alchemist, The Emerald Tablet, and various high school remnants.
➺ Field Trip ➺
I clean primarily with Thieves natural cleaner and Norwex Cloths embedded with Silver Ions. My gnarliest notable item is the white bottle with red type (Potassium Hydroxide), used once to remedy a stubborn drain situation. The bottle is terrifying, splattered with 'poison', and skull and cross bones warnings. We also have a bit of bleach in the bathroom. Not pictured items include Diatomaceous Earth, Hydrogen peroxide, and Mr Clean Magic Erasers.
Reading Reflections 💭
Loved to visualize all of the different data points on Chemical Elements, though my design eyes are partial to the Los Alamos Visualization, and the historical and visual context given to each element. I will have to spend some more time with John Pratt.. it initially makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. I like the idea of connecting visuals to the names, definitely a strategy worth exploring. Funbrain was the most revealing in that it confirmed that most of this has slipped away since highschool. I did feel it coming back a bit as I studied the tables.. but yes.. definitely need to brush up. There is so much to learn here. I got a 10/10 on the easy / easy game at least.. and an 8/10 on the easy / hard... you can imagine what happened as the difficulty increased. Time to get some flash cards.
Hanna, I just love your concept map and the way you included alchemy and the philosopher's stone--- YES!
ReplyDelete