Chemistry ~ Week 4
In the kitchen 🍇
My food choices tend to exist on the warmer end of the spectrum, though green is the dominant color of the moment. In the winter I was going through a pink phase and in the spring a yellow one. Now I’m into the greens. Green veggies in all different textures and forms. Yellows and reds in the fruit department… raspberries, cherries, mangoes, peaches, nectarines, golden kiwis, and of course, lemons. A bit more yellow in my Kitchari and mung bean soup mixes. Red in the radishes. Green in the Jasmine tea and mint leaves. White in the onions, and purple as well! Neutrals in the seeds, roots, and chocolate. Pink, purple and blue in floral infusions of blue lotus and rose.
Eating the rainbow 🌈
I love this as a balanced approach to eating. It is simple to apply when shopping given how visual the approach is. When the pandemic started, I listened to a variety of practitioner’s commentary on diet. I can’t remember the exact source of this information, but one takeaway was to include white foods like garlic and onion in your diet because they are good for your lungs. I know that in Feng Shui, white is associated with the metal element. The charts in class helped to connect the dots even further — lungs, white, metal, and grief all being related. Reflecting on my diet through the lens of color, I feel as if I intuitively gravitate toward the nutrients I need most. My Feng Shui teacher once advised us to treat the refrigerator as an altar, the fridge overflowing with brightly-hued seasonal produce being the epitome of abundance. Health is wealth, expressed visually as a rainbow of nourishment.

Love love the advice given by your Feng Shui teacher! The refrigerator as an altar is an inspiring statement. Thank you for sharing. The visual of brightly hued produce overflowing is such a beautiful reflection of abundance. I am setting the goal of bringing that to life in my own kitchen this week =)
ReplyDeleteAaaw, yes, I love how your Feng Shui teacher reflects to look at one's refrigerator as an altar "overflowing with brightly-hued seasonal produce". I love it; let's see; my fridge looking pretty green inside and my counter has the colors of summer fruit. Thank you!
ReplyDelete