Chemistry ~ Week 7
Alchemy - science, magic, art - or all 3?
All 3 of course.
Alchemy is inherently aesthetic, calling to mind ritual, skill, and imagination
Alchemy is scientific in its precision and affinity for observation
Alchemy is magic in its embrace of mystery and channeling of the elements
I find the deeper I dive into linguistic differences, the more everything blends together and the lines of separation dissolve. Alchemy fits neatly into all of these categories, yet takes on a different flavor in each context and proportion. It is ever oscillating, depending on the current zeitgeist. Yet in essence, it is all encapsulating.
The end of gasoline?
I sure do hope so. I also hope that in our hasty embrace of new technology, we are not just finding new ways to pollute. It seems like ~ the beginning of the end ~ the shift will likely be a slow one, given that cars are a major expense and investment for the majority of people. I have to say though, I’m fairly clueless on the subject of cars… so I do not find myself to be an authority on the subject.

Beautiful summation and what an awe inspiring visual for accompaniment! I love the vision of the lines of separation dissolving. It feels as though words become meaningless at that point, and art may be a more appropriate description,
ReplyDeleteThank you Orly :) The painting is Max Ernst's "The Stolen Mirror"
Delete